Mobile Vehicle Inspections
An NRMA MotorServe Mobile Vehicle Inspection is a comprehensive Vehicle Inspection advising the current state of the vehicle. It is a great way to receive independent advice and peace of mind when buying a used car in a private sale or auction or when your new car warranty is coming to an end.
NRMA MotorServe Mobile Vehicle Inspections offers you:
- The convenience and ease of coming to you Monday - Saturday, 7.30am - 5.30pm.
- Trained and experienced Vehicle Inspectors
- Peace of mind with independent advice - potentially saving you hundreds of dollars
- Exclusive NRMA Member pricing and a further discount on identified repairs carried out at any NRMA MotorServe Service Centre.
What’s the process?
1. Call 1300 770 116 to book an appointment. You’ll initially be provided with a time window. On the day prior to the inspection (before 5.30pm) your Vehicle Inspector will confirm the exact time of your appointment.
2. Upon successful booking, you will receive a confirmation of your booking via e-mail.
3. On the day of your appointment please bring along the vehicle’s registration documents. Allow approximately 1.5 hours for the Mobile Vehicle Inspection to be carried out, which includes a short test drive.
4. At the conclusion of the Mobile Vehicle Inspection, a copy of the Vehicle Inspection Report will be emailed to you.
What does a Mobile Vehicle Inspection include?
Below is a list of items which are checked during the Mobile Vehicle Inspection
|Interior||Tyres, Wheels, Brakes||Road Test|
Seat Mounts/ Runners
Seat and other trim
Door/child locks, hinges
Dash/warning lights, gauges
Washers and Wipers
Rear window demister
Master cylinder and Callipers
Brake hoses and Pipes
Steering and suspension
|Engine Compartment||Under body||Exterior|
Fluid levels/ condition
Drive belts, Pulleys
Battery, Charging System
Radiator and Cap
Hoses and Pipes
Water Pump, Cooling Fan
|Frames and Members
Under floor panels
Automatic/manual clutch components
Drive shafts/ CV joints/ Universal joints
Shock absorbers / Struts
Hand brake components
Glass and Mirrors
Bonnet and Boot Struts/Locks
Upper body panels
Other body panels
Types of Vehicle Inspections available
|Product type||Vehicle type||Member||Non-Member|
|Pre-purchase / End of Warranty
|Standard (cars under 10 years)||$269.00||$299.00||$289.00||$319.00|
|4WD & Cars over 10 years||$319.00||$349.00||$339.00||$369.00|
*Re-inspection can only be offered if an original NRMA MotorServe vehicle inspection on the same vehicle has been completed.
What's the difference between an In-Store Vehicle Inspection and a Mobile Vehicle Inspection?
The In-Store Vehicle Inspection is carried out at any NRMA MotorServe Car Servicing and Repairs Centre, which is a convenient choice for car owners looking to identify any warranty issues for referral back to the manufacturer. Vehicles inspected at the Car Servicing & Repairs Centre have the advantage of an inspection on the hoist with the wheels removed to ensure 4WD engagement and a thorough brake pad examination.
NRMA Members will receive 15% discount off any repairs identified during the NRMA MotorServe Mobile Vehicle inspection. Non-Members receive a 10% discount.
Not an NRMA Member? Join today.