Mobile Vehicle Inspections
All NRMA Inspectors are highly skilled, professional mechanics. Our team utilise the latest technology to deliver the inspection report to you the very same day, complete with high quality pictures of the inspected vehicle.
NRMA MotorServe Mobile Vehicle Inspections offers
- Mobile Inspections available Monday - Saturday, 7.30am - 5.30pm
- Peace of mind on your purchase with expert independent advice - potentially saving you hundreds of dollars
- Our service team will coordinate all inspection details and timing with the seller and buyer
- Exclusive NRMA Member pricing and a further discount on identified repairs carried out at any NRMA MotorServe Service Centre.
When should you call NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspections?
- If you're looking to buy a used car in private sale, car yard or at auction
- To fix any faults under a new car warranty that's about to expire
What's the process?Our Vehicle Inspection service team will take the hassle out of arranging your vehicle inspection
- Call 1300 770 116 to book an appointment. You'll initially be provided with a time window. On the day prior to the inspection (before 5.30pm) your Vehicle Inspector will confirm the exact time of your appointment.
- Upon successful booking, you will receive a confirmation of your booking details via e-mail.
- On the day of your appointment, allow approximately 3 hours for the Mobile Vehicle Inspection to be carried out, which includes a test drive.
- At the conclusion of the Mobile Vehicle Inspection, the detailed Vehicle Inspection report will be emailed to you as soon as possible so you can make an informed decision.
What does a Mobile Vehicle Inspection include?
Below is a list of items which are checked during the Mobile Vehicle Inspection
|Interior||Tyres, wheels, brakes||Road test|
Seat Mounts/ Runners
Seat and other trim
Door/child locks, hinges
Dash/warning lights, gauges
Washers and Wipers
Rear window demister
Master cylinder and Callipers
Brake hoses and Pipes
Steering and suspension
|Engine compartment||Under body||Exterior|
Fluid levels/ condition
Drive belts, Pulleys
Battery, Charging System
Radiator and Cap
Hoses and Pipes
Water Pump, Cooling Fan
|Frames and Members
Under floor panels
Automatic/manual clutch components
Drive shafts/ CV joints/ Universal joints
Shock absorbers / Struts
Hand brake components
Glass and Mirrors
Bonnet and Boot Struts/Locks
Upper body panels
Other body panels
Types of Vehicle Inspections available
|Product type||Vehicle type||Member||Non-Member|
|Pre-purchase / End of Warranty||Mobile||In-store||Mobile||In-store|
|Standard (cars under 10 years)||$269.00||$299.00||$289.00||$319.00|
|4WD, AWD, SUV, MPV & Cars over 10 years||$319.00||$349.00||$339.00||$369.00|
*Re-inspection can only be offered if an original NRMA MotorServe vehicle inspection on the same vehicle has been completed.
What's the difference between an In-store Vehicle Inspection and a Mobile Vehicle Inspection?The In-store Vehicle Inspection is carried out at any NRMA MotorServe Car Servicing and Repairs Centre, which is a convenient choice for car owners looking to identify any warranty issues for referral back to the manufacturer. Vehicles inspected at the Car Servicing & Repairs Centre have the advantage of an inspection on the hoist with the wheels removed to ensure 4WD engagement and a thorough brake pad examination.
Book your NRMA Mobile Vehicle Inspection now on 1300 770 116
Full terms and conditions for Mobile and In-Store Vehicle Inspections apply.
To book an In-Store Vehicle Inspection, call 1300 223 544.
NRMA Members will receive 15% discount off any repairs identified during the NRMA MotorServe Mobile Vehicle inspection. Non-Members receive a 10% discount.
Not an NRMA Member? Join today.