Choosing a child-friendly car
- What is the car's safety rating?
- How many child restraints can you fit across the back seat?
- Are there side, rear and frontal airbags?
- Can you fit a pram and your groceries in the boot?
What car suits your family brochureDownload our brochure to help you decide what car best suits your family (PDF 670KB/3 pages)
Evaluation processOur child restraint fitting guides test a variety of popular vehicle makes and models for the ease of fitting seats, space between each seat, anchor bolt locations and the front passenger leg room restrictions when a baby capsule is fitted.
Find out how we evaluate the child restraints.
NRMA car servicing is an authorised fitting station. Click here for prices and to find your nearest store.
RMS fitting stations
- You can also use a Roads and Maritime Services authorised fitting station for advice on installing and using the restraint
- Find your closest Authorised Child Restraint Fitting Station