Choosing a child-friendly car
- What is the car's safety rating?
- How many child restraints can you fit across the back seat?
- Are there side, rear and frontal airbags?
- Can you fit a pram and your groceries in the boot?
What car suits your family brochureDownload our brochure to help you decide what car best suits your family (PDF 670KB/3 pages)
Evaluation processOur child restraint fitting guides test a variety of popular vehicle makes and models for the ease of fitting seats, space between each seat, anchor bolt locations and the front passenger leg room restrictions when a baby capsule is fitted.
Find out how we evaluate the child restraints.
RMS fitting stations
- You can also use a Roads and Maritime Services authorised fitting station for advice on installing and using the restraint
- Find your closest Authorised Child Restraint Fitting Station