Frequently asked questions
On this page you'll find answers to the some of the most frequently asked questions we receive.
But if you can't find the answer you're looking for, please give us a call on
1300 369 349.
1. How does NRMA BusinessWise work?
NRMA BusinessWise is an effective and flexible way of getting the right level of roadside assistance for all the vehicles in your fleet. After becoming an NRMA member you simply choose the package for each vehicle in your fleet, optimising support while minimising spend. Click here to see how the process works and get an obligation-free quote.
2. Why is there membership fee as well as cover for each vehicle?
NRMA is a mutual - we are owned by Members and run for Members. Just one membership means your whole business can enjoy the benefits of being a Member. When you join NRMA BusinessWise you get the experience and strength of the NRMA, plus a wide range of savings and benefits including exclusive discounts on fuel, car hire and repairs. See the full range of benefits.
3. How is NRMA BusinessWise different to usual NRMA membership?
Because it's tailored for business, NRMA BusinessWise includes extra services to get you moving quickly and efficiently and manage the unexpected. This includes packages with up to $3000 a year for a range of breakdown costs, preventing major unexpected expenses to your business and dedicated case managers that handle everything - from vehicle towing, to goods delivery, as well as driver and passenger transport and accommodation.
4. Why would I need roadside assistance when my business vehicle is reliable?
The top 3 reasons Members call us don't have anything to do with vehicle reliability. These are:
- FLAT BATTERIES: - e.g. the lights have been left on or a door has been left open.
- LOCK OUTS: - e.g. the keys have been locked in the vehicle or have been lost or broken.
- FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEMS: - e.g. the wrong fuel has been put in the vehicle.
5. How long does it take to open my account?
You're covered for roadside assistance from the moment you pay your invoice. All the benefits of membership are available 24 hours after payment. A certificate of cover for the business and membership cards for each vehicle will be issued as soon as you activate the cover.
6. Is NRMA BusinessWise roadside assistance Australia-wide?
Yes. If you break down in NSW or the ACT your roadside assistance will be provided by the NRMA. If you break down in another state, it will be provided one of our affiliated motoring clubs or contractors.
7. What happens if I sell one of the vehicles in my fleet while it's covered?
You can substitute another vehicle in its place - as long as it's the same GVM. If there is not a replacement vehicle a refund or credit cannot be given.