3 nights from
Red Centre Discovery Self Drive
Experience Australia's heart as you explore the magnificent Red Centre
Venture to the heart of the Northern Territory and experience the beauty of the Red Centre's natural wonders. Explore the remote outback town of Alice Springs, marvel at the sheer enormity of Kings Canyon, wander through the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta and witness an Uluru sunrise or sunset.
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 days Group B (Hyundai Accent automatic or similar)car rental with GPS
- Co-pilot self drive kit:
Includes backpack, road atlas, city maps, driving instructions, location information
(Kids backpack includes colouring book and pencils - child under 12 years)
Day 1: Alice Springs
Collect your vehicle and explore this beautiful part of the outback. The Old Telegraph Station, the Aviation Museum and the original Royal Flying Doctor Service are iconic Alice Springs attractions worth visiting (all own expense). Overnight at Aurora Alice Springs.
Day 2: Alice Springs to Kings Canyon (474km)
From Alice Springs travel along Luritja Road to reach Kings Canyon. Skirt the rim of the Canyon and hold your breath as you gaze 300 metres down to the valley floor. The soaring sandstone walls frame the 'Garden of Eden', a unique waterhole surrounded by palms and ferns. Overnight at Kings Canyon Resort.
Day 3: Kings Canyon to Uluru (321km)
Make an early start to complete the Rim Walk at Kings Canyon. Then travel to Yulara and see the world's greatest monolith, Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Check into your hotel and in the afternoon learn about the region's history, unique flora and fauna, how the earth created such remarkable landmarks and also how the Aboriginal communities have lived and thrived here for thousands of years. Overnight at Outback Pioneer Hotel and Lodge, Ayers Rock Resort.
Day 4: Uluru
Enjoy the morning at leisure or explore some more of this amazing region. Perhaps experience a beautiful sunrise over Uluru or take a walk into majestic Walpa Gorge.
The car should be dropped off today at the airport by the same time as it was picked up on day 1 to avoid any additional charges.
Prices & Tour Dates
Valid for sale until 28 Feb 2018 or sold out
Valid for travel 1 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2018
Fares are per person in Australian dollars*. Please contact your NRMA Travel consultant for a full range of fares and current availability.
|Travel dates||NRMA Members
twin share from
| Members save
up to per couple^
|1 Jan - 31 Mar 2017||$552*||$46|
|1 Apr - 30 Nov 2017||Please ask|
|1 Dec 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$575*||$48|
- Fares are 'From' prices, seasonal surcharges apply
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park fee of $25 per adult/$12.50 per child (5-15 years) is payable direct
- $255 per person non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking
- Full payment is due within 30 days prior to departure
- For full terms and conditions please see below
*Terms & Conditions
- All fares are Australian dollars inclusive of GST, per person twin share, subject to change & availability
- Valid for sale until 28 Feb 2018, or sold out
- Valid for travel until 1 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2018. Prices shown are 'From' prices, seasonal surcharges apply. Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park fee of $25 per adult and $12.50 per child (5-15 years) is not included in tour price, and is payable direct at time of arrival
- A $255 per person non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of booking.
- Full payment required 30 days prior to travel
- ^ Based on full brochure fares
- Credit card fees apply
- Government fees and levies included\
- Valid for new bookings only, not combinable with any other discount or offer
- Cancellation fees apply
- Airfares are not included
- To be read in conjunction with suppliers terms and conditions, a copy of which can be obtained from your NRMA Travel Consultant
- Fares correct as at 11 Jan 2017 and may fluctuate due to changes in charges, taxes, fuel surcharges and currency
- NRMA Travel Pty Ltd. ABN 48 001 233 567
Phone EnquiryCall Now1300 279 528
Enquiries & Feedback