Our heavy vehicles driver training program is a standalone course is designed to help heavy vehicle drivers develop specialised safety skills and confidence on the road. It’s also a popular refresher program, with extra emphasis on low risk driving strategies, and reversing and manoeuvring techniques.
To familiarise drivers with the specifics of operating heavy vehicles, and to build confidence and awareness of responsibilities involved.
- Spatial awareness
- Braking factors including weight variation and displacement
- Dynamic load
- Rollover prevention
- Centre of gravity
- Centrifugal force
- Off-tracking and vehicle length
- Manoeuvring and pre-steering
- Fatigue management
Upon completion of the session, participants will have:
1. The ability to recognise hazards and apply low risk driving strategies.
2. An understanding of the limitations and techniques specific to heavy vehicles.
3. An understanding of the responsibility associated with operating heavy vehicles
4. An understanding of occupant safety.