Buying a used car?
We've got you covered
CarHistory delivers an instant, easy-to-read vehicle report, and it's just $29.50* for NRMA Members (RRP $36.95). When you've found the one, a car loan from the NRMA can help you into that new car faster.
What you get in a CarHistory report from the NRMA
Alongside a detailed report, you're also covered by Vehicle Buyback Insurance* of up to $25,000 for 3 months.
How we compare with other providers
Top 5 frequently asked questions
What is a CarHistory Report?
- A PPSR Certificate - formerly REVS (existing finance on the vehicle)
- Written-off status, e.g. if the vehicle has suffered damage resulting in an insurance claim, e.g. hail, fire, accident, flood
- If the vehicle's odometer reading is accurate, or if it has been wound back
- If the car has been written off or stolen
- Previous sale listings
- Vehicle safety and emission ratings
- What the car is expected to be worth in the current market.
Why should I get a CarHistory Report?
Does my VIN really need to be correct to purchase a report?
What about pre-1989 vehicles?
Buy a used car with peace of mind
If you’re looking for car finance for your next set of wheels, you can get a competitive personal car loan from us. We can help you with finance for new or used vehicles, and also for travel, motorbikes, caravans, motorhomes and even boats. We can also assist with personal loans.
We offer a quick application process and pre-approval within 5 business hours, so you can get moving your way fast. And if you’re an NRMA Member, you can save with up to 1% off loan rates.
If you’re in the market for a used vehicle, we’ve got a long list of car reviews that might help you narrow the decision. And once you’ve got your eyes on one, it’s best to make sure that everything is above board with a CarHistory report, and that it’s in good condition with a vehicle inspection.