NRMA car servicing centres
1. MotorServe Pty Limited trading as NRMA Car Servicing (NRMA Car Servicing) installs child restraints through all NRMA Car Servicing locations where there is a certified child restraint installer.
2. NRMA Car Servicing has a Tier 2 fitter which means they offer a 'Simple Fitting Service'. This refers to a simple installation and set-up of child restraints and fitting of anchor bolts/fittings to the factory Original Equipment Manufacturer child restraint anchorage points in the vehicle. We do not modify your vehicle to install a restraint system and anchorage points where there originally was not one fitted by the vehicle manufacturer.
3. It is the responsibility of the customer to take their vehicle and child restraint to a NRMA Car Servicing location for installation.
4. NRMA Members with a current NRMA Membership can have their child restraint installed at selected NRMA Car Servicing Centres and get 10% off the Non-Member price.
5. To utilise the child restraint service through our NRMA Car Servicing Centres please call 13 11 22 and make a booking. Please note: due to the time taken to fit a child restraint safely and securely, this service will not be available for walk-ins.
6. Members are also eligible to have complementary "check and adjusts" with any servicing and repairs carried out at any NRMA Car Servicing Centre on their Nominated Vehicle to be taken into. The child restraint will be checked and either secured again (as it may have becomes loose over time).
7. If a position change is needed, including where the child restraint needs to move from rear facing to forward facing a booking must be made and a fee charged as this is defined a full child restraint installation.
8. Any accessories required for the installation must be purchased by the Member from either the NRMA Car Servicing Centre at the time of appointment or arranged prior to the installation appointment.
9. For current fees, please refer to pricing on our website.
Mobile child restraint fitting service
1. The complementary mobile child restraint fitting service is available to NRMA Members who have a Premium Plus or Premium Care Membership and where the child restraint is being installed in the Nominated Vehicle on the account.
2. Bookings must be made by calling 13 11 22 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Child restraint installers are available between 10am and 8pm, 7 days a week. Bookings are subject to availability.
3. The mobile child restraint fitting service is available in all NSW metro areas only this excludes regional and country regions. For available locations, please contact 13 11 22.
4. Premium Care and Premium Plus Members are entitled to an unlimited number of child restraints installed in the Nominated Vehicle. Any subsequent vehicles owned by the Member that do not hold a Premium Care or Premium Plus Membership will be charged the non-Member price for that vehicle.
5. The Member must have a current paid Premium Care or Premium Plus subscription to be eligible for the complementary child restraint installation or adjustment.
6. Premium Care and Premium Plus Members are also eligible to have free "check and adjusts" throughout each subscription year which enables their Nominated Vehicle to be booked through the mobile child restraint installation service. The child restraint will be checked and either secured again (if becomes loose over time) or the position changed as needed, including where the child restraint needs to move from rear facing to forward facing.
7. If the vehicle has no built-in anchor points, NRMA child restraint installers cannot undertake any vehicle modifications to install anchor points. It can only install anchor bolts where there are no anchor bolts fitted in existing anchor points.
8. Any accessories required for the installation must be purchased by the Member from the NRMA child restraint installer at the time of the installation appointment.
9. The mobile child restraints fitting must take place at a safe location and the child restraint installer will exercise full assessment and discretion to meet this criteria.
10. Certain State and Commonwealth legislation, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These conditions do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option, to in the case of services supplied or offered by us:
the re-supply of those services; or
i. the payment of the cost of having those services re-supplied; and
ii. in no circumstances will NRMA or NRMA Car Servicing be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including any loss of profits) in connection with the child restraint installation.
11. The mobile child restraint service is provided by the National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited (NRMA).
1. The child restraint will always undergo a visual inspection to ensure it meets Australian/New Zealand Standard 1754 Child restraint systems for use in motor vehicles (AS/NZS 1754). If the child restraint on visual inspection is deemed not to comply with the Standard, or is faulty, then it cannot be installed by the child restraint installer and another child restraint must be supplied by the Member or customer. NRMA is not responsible for checking the safety or suitability of the child restraint provided by the Member or customer.
2. Products older than 10 years old, or if the restraint shows any signs of damage, such as cracking, frayed straps, broken buckles, discolouration from age, overloading, or other relevant damage, will not be installed. Child restraint installers may use discretion in making this assessment as part of the safety assessment.
3. If the child restraint installer determines an additional accessory is required in the vehicle to complete a child restraint installation, the customer (Member and non-Member) will be informed, and once the customer approves, there will be an additional fee payable.
4. The Member or customer releases NRMA from any and all consequences to the child restraint or the children they carry and will take all responsibility to ensure the continued safety and operation of the child restraint according to the product details and applicable regulations.
5. Installation and governance will be according to NSW laws. Child restraints' installation follows national guidelines so any State-level variances are expected to be non-consequential.