You'll find we're constantly promoting value-added deals for car servicing or repairs, and we want to make sure you have access to the conditions around each offer wherever possible.
When you're next in the market for a car service, make sure to refer to our latest offer. We're confident you'll save.
- 10% off car servicing for NRMA Members
- Discount for business NRMA Members
- AUTUMN promotion
- Complimentary pick up and drop off service
Motorserve Pty Limited (ABN 41 121 715 393) is part of Insurance Australia Group. By booking your vehicle with Motorserve, you accept these Terms and Conditions. This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales. These Terms and Conditions are available on the following website: mynrma.com.au/cars-and-driving/car-servicing/terms-and-conditions we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by placing a notice on our website.
Estimates and Payment
We provide an estimate of the cost of all work to be undertaken. The estimate will be discussed with you prior to work being commenced on your vehicle. Estimates remain valid for 7 days. All estimates and prices include GST.
You understand that larger vehicles may require high quantities of oil during servicing. Motorserve may at its sole discretion, and without contacting you for authorisation, charge an amount to cover the cost of the oil used in the service.
Should additional work be found necessary during the course of the service which would cause the estimate to be exceeded, we will contact you to explain the additional work required and to seek your authorisation for the additional costs to be incurred before proceeding.
A detailed tax invoice outlining the work carried out and associated costs will be provided once the work is completed. Payment must be made in full on the day of the work being completed and prior to collection of your vehicle. We accept credit cards and EFTPOS. Payment made by Visa or MasterCard credit cards will incur a surcharge of 1%. Payment made by American Express credit cards (Amex) will incur a surcharge of 3%. Personal cheques are not accepted.
Trading terms for customers operating an authorised trading account with Motorserve are 14 days from date of tax invoice. Please note that property in any product sold by Motorserve to you does not pass from us to you until we have been paid in full.
All of our advertised prices are subject to change without notice, however we will update our prices regularly in written information that we provide and at our website: nrmamotorserve.com.au
Certain State and Commonwealth legislation, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), imply warranties or conditions or impose guarantees or obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These Terms and Conditions do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions. Other than those statutory provisions, we exclude all conditions and warranties which may be implied by law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option, to:
1. In the case of services supplied or offered by us, either:
a. the re-supply of those services
b. the payment of the cost of having those services re-supplied
2. In the case of goods supplied or offered by us, either:
a. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods
b. the repair of the goods
c. the payment of the cost of having the goods replaced
d. the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired
3. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or any third parties for:
a. any claim, whether that claim arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or statute
b. any loss (including loss of profits or special, indirect, incidental or consequential loss)
c. damage, injury or death to any person or property, arising out of or relating to the products sold by us or the services performed by us
except to the extent any such claim, loss, damage, injury or death was directly caused by our fraud or willful misconduct.
Registration of your vehicle
1. You understand that driving an unregistered vehicle is illegal and you warrant that your vehicle is registered in accordance with the state/territory legislative and regulatory requirements applicable to your vehicle. Where your vehicle is not registered you will ensure that you take all necessary steps to notify us that your vehicle is unregistered.
2. Where you have not notified us that your vehicle is unregistered you agree to indemnify us for any fines or penalties incurred, and loss or damage, caused to any person or property when we are driving or otherwise operating your vehicle, except to the extent that any such fines, penalties, loss, or damage was directly caused by our fraud or willful misconduct.
As part of these terms and conditions you acknowledge that where invoices are not paid we hold a lien over the vehicle belonging to you which is in our possession.
Storage and disposal of uncollected vehicles
If we exercise a lien over the vehicle or if you do not collect the vehicle within 2 days from the time it is ready for collection a vehicle storage fee of $25.00 per day will apply.
If we cannot contact you using reasonable efforts, or you do not collect the vehicle or discharge any lien we hold over the vehicle belonging to you, within 3 months from the time the vehicle is ready for collection we are entitled to sell or dispose of the vehicle by any reasonable method at your expense without any further notice to you. We will apply the proceeds of the sale or disposal of the vehicle to the sums you owe us and return the balance to you. If the proceeds received from the sale or disposal of the vehicle are not sufficient to discharge the amounts you owe us, the outstanding amounts will be owed by you to us as a debt. After such sale or disposal of the vehicle we will be discharged from any liability whatsover in respect of the vehicle.
Parts and lubricants
Motorserve uses quality aftermarket parts and lubricants that meet or exceed the specifications of those originally fitted by your vehicle manufacturer. Should you wish to use an alternate brand or product, Motorserve will take reasonable action to source that part or product for you, although this may impact on the pricing and time commitments of your car service or repair.
You understand that some vehicles require larger quantities or higher grade oil during service. Motorserve may at its sole discretion, and without contacting you for authorisation, charge an amount to cover the cost of the oil used in the service.
Referral to NRMA Approved Repairer
In certain circumstances Motorserve may recommend an NRMA Approved Repairer to you. This is a recommendation only and Motorserve receives no fee for referral nor plays any part in the pricing or operations of these independent businesses. Motorserve is in no way responsible for any work an NRMA Approved Repairer carries out on your vehicle.
Manufacturer extended warranties
You understand that some car manufacturers provide extended warranties that may not entitle Motorserve to service your car. It is your responsibility to ensure that work completed at Motorserve does not affect or void an extended manufacturer warranty.
Video footage and recordings
You understand that collecting recordings, video footage or filming of any kind at Motorserve without the express consent of Motorserve is not permitted and may constitute a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles.
NRMA Member offers
Motorserve provides exclusive offers to members of the National Roads and Motorists Association (NRMA Members) and in relation to applying for NRMA Membership. These offers are subject to change without notice.
NRMA Member offers
Current NRMA Members who have any Motorserve log book service, major service, essential service, vehicle inspection, or repair work performed at an Motorserve centre will be entitled to the quoted or advertised discounted prices for NRMA Members.
Terms and conditions
1. A valid NRMA Member card must be shown at point of sale to redeem the discount.
2. Offers are not transferable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. One redemption per service.
3. For all Motorserve log book services, major services, essential services, vehicle inspection and repair work, 4WD vehicles and some European and prestige vehicles may be subject to a surcharge to cover required higher grade oil and parts costs. Any applicable surcharge will be set out in your estimate.
4. NRMA Member discounts for repair work do not apply to: tyres and puncture repairs, major repairs that require specialist attention through our extended network of specialist suppliers, car electrics, windscreen repairs and replacement, and battery and charging system check.
5. The NRMA Member Offer is subject to change without notice and replaces all previous discounts or offers.
*10% discount off the value of the invoice is available to NRMA Members only. The 10% discount is calculated off the full invoice price. Valid at any Motorserve car servicing centre in NSW or ACT. Offer is not transferable for cash. Standard Motorserve car servicing terms and conditions apply. Motorserve reserves the right to terminate this offer at our discretion.
*20% discount off the value of the invoice is available to NRMA business Members only. The 20% discount is calculated off the full invoice price. Valid at any Motorserve centre in NSW or ACT. Offer is not transferable for cash. Standard Motorserve car servicing terms and conditions apply. Motorserve reserves the right to terminate this offer at our discretion.
$50 off - selected services for NRMA Members
- Standard Motorserve Car Servicing terms and conditions apply.
- NRMA Members can receive $50 off the applicable RRP for any car service and/or repairs booked and completed with Motorserve over $350 after 10% off NRMA Member discount is applied. Please quote code L50 at the time of booking. Offer is not transferable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. One redemption per service. Offer available for NRMA Members at any Motorserve centre in NSW and ACT. Motorserve reserves the right to terminate this offer at our discretion.
- Bonus pink slip terms and conditions apply.
- 10% off Car Servicing for NRMA Members terms and conditions apply.
Eligibility to receive the offer:
1. The bonus safety inspection check report (pink slip) will be provided for when an essential service or other service level is booked and completed according to the terms below (Offer).
2. The Offer is only for one safety inspection report to be completed on the vehicle which is the subject of the service. It does not mean that the vehicle will pass the inspection and does not include the cost of repairs required (if any).
3. Minimum fee payable is if for an Essential service: minimum fee $178 for NRMA Members and $197.78 for non-NRMA Members. Some vehicles may be subject to a surcharge where they require larger quantities or higher grades of oil and prestige parts.
4. This Offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. NRMA Members are still entitled to receive 10% of the cost of servicing and repairs.
5. Offer is not transferable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Conditions for redeeming the offer:
6. Offer is valid on one vehicle per customer only.
7. Offer must be mentioned at the time of booking.
8. If the vehicle subject of the pink slip inspection does not pass, we will give you a “Repairs Needed” report showing what repairs are required. If the repairs are completed within 14 days, the Vehicle can be reassessed by us with no additional safety check fees. If you present Your Vehicle for reassessment after the 14 day period, you will need to pay $42.00 for the second safety check inspection fee. Once the repairs have been made and the vehicle passes the safety check, we will issue a safety check report, and you can renew your registration. The results will be sent to Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) electronically.
9. Motorserve reserves the right to terminate this Offer at our discretion.
10. Offer is not transferable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
11. Standard Motorserve car servicing terms and conditions apply.
12. Motorserve Pty Ltd. ABN 41121715393, license number MVRL43713.
- This offer is applicable for essential or log book services booked and completed from 19 February 2020 to 30 June 2020 at any Motorserve centre in NSW and ACT.
- Total value of offer is over $100. Wiper replacement valued at up to $66 RRP, tyre rotation and balance valued at $50 RRP.
- Offer must be redeemed at time of service and taken in conjunction with an essential or log book service completed within the Motorserve car servicing store network.
- Offer must be mentioned or presented at time of booking with the code AUTUMN20. Offer is not transferable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. One redemption per service. Motorserve reserves the right to terminate this offer at our discretion.
- Standard Motorserve Car Servicing terms and conditions apply.
- 10% off Car Servicing for NRMA Members terms and conditions apply.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off service is applicable for essential or log book services completed by June 30, 2020 within the Motorserve car servicing store network
- Is offered within the local area of each Motorserve centre in NSW and ACT and subject to availability
- Vehicle must be roadworthy and insured with a policy applicable to Motorserve staff
- Call your local Motorserve centre for more information
- Available to Consumer customers only
- Customer must use the promo code PICKUP at time of booking
Matters outside our reasonable control
- We will not be liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to carry out repairs to your vehicle to the extent that such delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control. You understand that when repairing your vehicle the power supply in your vehicle may be temporarily interrupted. This may cause your audio system to lock and require an unlock code. We will take reasonable steps to prevent this from happening however it is usually outside our control. The unlock code for your audio system is supplied by the manufacturer of your vehicle and any cost incurred by us in unlocking your audio system will be your sole responsibility.
Motorserve guarantees the parts and labour that it supplies and uses in the servicing of your vehicle for the time period or kilometres travelled (whichever occurs first) outlined in the following warranty conditions. The Motorserve warranty does not apply to parts which are second hand however this does not affect your statutory rights and the non-excludable guarantees provided under Australian Consumer Law will apply to any second-hand parts supplied and used by Motorserve.
1. Warranty period
|Car servicing and engine maintenance||12 months or 20,000km|
|General mechanical repairs||12 months or 20,000km|
|Flushing services||12 months or 20,000km|
|Brakes (passenger vehicles only)||12 months or 20,000km|
|Batteries (as per manufacturer’s warranty)||Ranges from 6 to 36 months|
|Suspension and steering (as per the manufacturer’s warranty)||Ranges from 12 to 24 months|
Except as set out in the below paragraph, Motorserve only uses high quality parts that meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
If a new or reconditioned part is not available for your vehicle Motorserve can fit a second hand part. Where a second hand part fitment is required Motorserve will notify you first and seek your consent to fit that part.
If we fit a part or parts covered by a part manufacturer’s guarantee that extends beyond the Motorserve warranty period, we will uphold this warranty period and fit any replacement parts offered by the part manufacturer at no charge.
If carrying out this work requires Motorserve to purchase additional parts or provide labour not covered by the part manufacturer’s guarantee, there may be an additional charge and you will be notified of this before any work commences.
2. What we cover in your Motorserve warranty
Should any part be incorrectly fitted by Motorserve, or found to be defective* during the warranty period, we will replace refit or rectify the part at no charge.**
If requested, we are happy to make all replaced parts available for inspection at the time you collect your car.
Where the work conducted is windscreen chip repair or windscreen repair, Motorserve provides you with a lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials for as long as you own the vehicle. During the warranty period, subject to the exclusions as detailed below, if a windscreen or window Motorserve has fitted to your vehicle leaks or is faulty due to our workmanship or materials, Motorserve will rectify the problem free of charge. Motorserve’s warranty does not cover faults caused by: physical damage (including impact damage); your neglect or negligence; abuse, misuse of your vehicle; driving your vehicle or removing the masking tape before the expiration of the curing time specified on the front of the invoice; pre-existing faults in your vehicle (including rust and corrosion); or fair wear and tear.
It is possible that during the repair process the glass can crack and become unrepairable. If this happens, Motorserve will not charge for the repair.
If the repaired chip subsequently cracks, at your option, Motorserve will refund the paid cost of the repair or deduct the paid cost of the repair from the cost of a new windscreen.
3. What is not covered by your Motorserve warranty?
There are five ways in which you will void your Motorserve warranty:
a. if you use your vehicle in competition, on a closed circuit or as part of any timed event
b. if you remove the part or parts originally fitted by Motorserve to the vehicle
c. if the part or parts are damaged by misuse or accident, in particular by engine backfire or malfunction
d. if warranty work is performed elsewhere, unless the work has been authorised in writing by the Motorserve Operations Manager in advance of any work being undertaken
e. Motorserve does not use customer supplied parts and they are not covered by warranty
Additionally, Motorserve will not reimburse you for any costs you may incur claiming the warranty.
4. Statutory warranty
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
5. What you should do if you have a problem?
a. contact the Motorserve where the work was completed (or if this is not convenient contact the Motorserve Operations Manager at Tower 2, Darling Park, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW 2000
b. arrange a convenient time for the repair work to be undertaken
c. bring your vehicle and original invoice to Motorserve (at your cost) where we will work with you to resolve the problem
*Applies to manufacturer’s defects only. **Parts fitted under the Motorserve warranty will only be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period, which commences from the date of the initial invoice.
* The NRMA trade mark is used by Motorserve Pty Limited under licence from National Roads and Motorists’ Association Limited, the owner of the registered trade mark for vehicle repair service, vehicle servicing and vehicle inspection.
* National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited, ABN 77 000 010 506, trading as NRMA, is a separate and independent company from Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, trading as NRMA Insurance. NRMA Insurance provides the Motorserve services.
* “NRMA” provides Membership, the “my nrma app” and other services including mobile car services.