In these trying times, where we’re providing Members financial help for Membership costs, we're here when you need us. However, to ensure the upmost safety to both our Members and Patrols, we are taking extra precautions in the following ways:
- We're asking Members who contact us for assistance to let us know if they are at risk of the virus or in quarantine so we can help in the best and safest way.
- All of our patrols have been supplied with personal protective equipment, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes, and will be following the NSW health guidelines which mandates the use of face masks in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
- We’ve developed special safety and hygiene procedures for providing service to Members in highest-risk locations such as at COVID-19 testing sites.
- We’re observing social distancing guidelines as much as possible at all times, and we’re asking you to maintain a 1.5m distance if we’re helping you.
- The wearing of face masks is compulsory for both Members and service providers during transit when transporting Members in vehicles and in tow trucks.
- Interstate auto clubs have procedures in place closely aligned with our own.
- Please download or update to the latest version of the my nrma app where we’ve added a COVID-19 safety feature when requesting help at the roadside. That way, if you do need assistance, you can book from the app and track us when we’re on the way to you.
- We're supporting emergency services vehicles, delivery vehicles and critical service providers that break down.
Please be aware that, for everyone's safety, we are unable to provide immediate roadside assistance for Members who are in quarantine. In this event, we will case manage the callout to ensure the Member receives transport home and the vehicle is tended to after a safe duration has passed.
Adapting to the times
Ensuring the safety of our people, our Members and the community is our top priority. Please be aware that all of our security protocols are in place, and your information remains safe and secure at all times.
If you need to renew, pay or change your Membership details, you can use online self-service or call 13 11 22. If you take advantage of your NRMA Blue benefits, please be aware that some of our partners have also changed the way they operate, so it’s best to check with them individually for detailed information.
For any NRMA Insurance enquiries, changes or payments, please note that some branches and kiosks are temporarily closed. Check which branches are open or get help online at nrma.com.au or by calling 132 132. Please note, that customers must book an appointment before attending any branch or kiosk.
All NRMA Driver Training students and customers are being required to make COVID-19 declarations upon booking and have hand sanitiser and face masks available to use in each vehicle.
We’re taking extra precautionary measures for all senior lessons and assessments, including mandatory face masks for both the instructor and the participant.
All vehicles are being thoroughly disinfected between each booking, and our Safer Driver Courses are being offered at appropriate venues where a COVIDSafe plan is in place.
NRMA Parks and Resorts
• If you or anyone travelling with you does not feel well or is waiting on COVID-19 test results, please stay home for the safety of everyone and contact us to change your booking.
• If you have an existing booking impacted by changes to COVID-19 restrictions, please contact the park directly to adjust your booking. No cancellation or change fees apply.
• If you are required to self-isolate as per government directive, you are unable to do so at our parks and will need to make alternative arrangements.
• All our Parks and Resorts are open in NSW, SA, QLD, VIC and TAS. Refer to the NRMA Parks and Resort COVID-19 information page for latest updates.
Ferries and cruises
• Transport for NSW recommends the wearing of masks on all public transport.
• Social distancing of 1.5m remains in effect and we continue to ensure our vessels and wharf areas are cleaned and sanitised regularly. Anyone who is experiencing flu-like symptoms or has been in close contact with someone who has, should get tested as soon as possible. We monitor all updates from NSW Health and adapt our approach accordingly.
• Find the latest information at My Fast Ferry and Fantasea.
• All of New Zealand are at Alert Level 1.
• Most Thrifty locations across Australia and New Zealand are open for business although operating hours may vary in different regions.
• COVIDSafe plans are in place across every location in Australia and New Zealand. All locations are focused on the highest cleaning and safety standards to ensure the health and wellbeing of our customers and team members.
• We also provide hassle-free flexible bookings for ultimate peace of mind.
• For further information, please refer to Thrifty.
Keeping you informed
Lockdown measures in the fight against COVID-19 have unsurprisingly raised questions around how we use our vehicles, with Members curious on everything from maintaining their car to registration and insurance.
In Cars, driving and COVID-19: your questions answered we untangle some of the confusion you may have around your vehicle during this time. We'll keep these frequently asked questions and answers as up to date as possible - and we've also included links to other webour vehicles and our other assets to practical use. On behalf of our Members, we are lending a hand to those in need across NSW during this difficult time – the vulnerable, the elderly and the isolated in our communities.
Let’s keep moving forward together
We're all in this together, so let's help each other by staying patient, following the advice of authorities, getting tested then staying home if we experience symptoms, and looking out for each other and for those more vulnerable in the community.
Check out our safe travels page for the best way to travel safely during COVID-19.