The COVID-19 pandemic has had a big impact on our lives, but it’s not the first pandemic the NRMA has seen. For over 100 years, we’ve been here to help – and that won’t ever change. The way we deliver that help, however, has seen some necessary changes to ensure that we can all keep moving safely.
Our top priority remains the health and safety of our employees, Members and the whole community. To help prevent the spread of the virus, we are taking extra precautions.
What we are doing differently
- As we react to the changing public health advice in different local government areas, service times may vary. We appreciate your patience as we place our resources where help is needed.
- To help keep the community safe, all digital booking channels for roadside assistance are switched off during the extended lockdown until further notice (including bookings in the my nrma app). Please call 13 11 22 for all roadside assistance requests and we will keep you moving safely.
- All of our patrols have been supplied with personal protective equipment, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes, and will be following the NSW health guidelines which mandates the use of face masks in certain jurisdictions and in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
- We’ve developed special safety and hygiene procedures for providing service to Members in highest-risk locations, such as at COVID-19 testing sites.
- We’re observing social distancing guidelines and are not currently transporting Members in vehicles and in tow trucks.
- We're supporting emergency services vehicles, delivery vehicles and critical service providers that break down.
- Interstate auto clubs have procedures in place closely aligned with our own.
What we are asking of our Members
If you must leave home on an essential journey, please follow the latest public health advice to protect yourself and the community.
- As digital booking channels are switched off during lockdown, please call 13 11 22 for all roadside assistance requests. Rest assured we will keep you moving safely.
- We ask Members who call us for assistance to let us know if they are at risk of the virus or in quarantine so we can help in the best and safest way.
- Please maintain a two metre distance if we’re helping you.
- We ask Members to always carry face masks and use them as per government guidelines.
- Please be aware that, for everyone's safety, we are unable to provide immediate roadside assistance for Members who are in quarantine. In this event, we will case manage the callout to ensure the Member receives transport home and the vehicle is tended to after a safe duration has passed.
- Watch the video above to prevent a battery failure at o COVID-19 testing centre, plus see our car maintenance tips to help keep your car healthy during lockdown.
- Thank you for your patience and support!
A message from NRMA patrols
Working safely to keep you moving
Across the NRMA group, safety is our top priority. We are continually evolving how we work to keep our people, customers and the wider community safe.
If you need to renew, pay or change your Membership details, you can use online self-service or call 13 11 22. If you take advantage of your NRMA Blue benefits, please be aware that some of our partners have also changed the way they operate, so it’s best to check with them individually for detailed information.
For any NRMA Insurance enquiries, changes or payments, please note that some branches and kiosks are temporarily closed. Check which branches are open or get help online at nrma.com.au or by calling 132 132. Please note, that customers must book an appointment before attending any branch or kiosk.
We're still open and have implemented a number of changes to how we operate, including tightly controlled protections and hygiene protocols to minimise the spread of the coronavirus. View the latest from NRMA driver training.
We’ve made some changes to our driver training programs for businesses including the launch of webinars which provide contactless and COVID safe driver training – suitable for remote learning and businesses that need to continue to promote road safety and are unable to complete face to face training.
NRMA Parks and Resorts
If you or anyone travelling with you does not feel well or is waiting on COVID-19 test results, please stay home for the safety of everyone and contact us to change your booking.
If you have an existing booking impacted by changes to COVID-19 restrictions, please contact the park directly to adjust your booking. No cancellation or change fees apply.
If you are required to self-isolate as per government directive, you are unable to do so at our parks and will need to make alternative arrangements.
Refer to the NRMA Parks and Resort COVID-19 information page for the latest updates on all of our parks and resorts.
Ferries and cruises
All non-essential services have been cancelled including the weekend Manly to Watsons Bay Ferry service, whale watching and sightseeing cruises; Vivid Sydney has been postponed to begin 17 September 2021.
Only the essential Manly Circular Quay and Palm Beach ferries continue to operate. Masks are mandatory: Check-in to the Service NSW app is mandatory for team members and encouraged for patrons; capacity limits have been further constrained while 1.5m social distancing remains.
Most Thrifty locations across Australia and New Zealand are open for business although operating hours may vary in different regions.
COVIDSafe plans are in place across every location in Australia and New Zealand. All locations are focused on the highest cleaning and safety standards to ensure the health and wellbeing of our customers and team members.
We also provide hassle-free flexible bookings for ultimate peace of mind. For further information, please refer to Thrifty.
Keeping you informed
Lockdown measures in the fight against COVID-19 have unsurprisingly raised questions around how we use our vehicles, with Members curious on everything from maintaining their car to registration and insurance.
In Cars, driving and COVID-19: your questions answered we untangle some of the confusion you may have around your vehicle during this time. We'll keep these frequently asked questions and answers as up to date as possible. Please also reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you have any questions.
Please be aware that while our security protocols evolve to meet the changing environment, your information remains safe and secure at all times.
Let’s move forward together
We're all in this together, so let's help each other by staying patient, following public health advice, getting tested and staying home if we experience symptoms, plus looking out for each other and for those more vulnerable in the community.