The COVID-19 pandemic has had a big impact on our lives, but it’s not the first pandemic the NRMA has seen. For over 100 years, we’ve been here to help – and that won’t ever change. The way we deliver that help, however, has seen some necessary changes to ensure that we can all keep moving safely.
Our top priority remains the health and safety of our employees, Members and the whole community. To ensure the upmost safety, we are taking extra precautions:
- To help keep the community safe, all digital booking channels for Roadside Assistance are switched off during the extended lockdown until further notice (including bookings in the my nrma app). For all roadside assistance requests, please call 13 11 22 and we will keep you moving safely.
- We're asking Members who contact us for assistance to let us know if they are at risk of the virus or in quarantine so we can help in the best and safest way.
- All of our patrols have been supplied with personal protective equipment, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes, and will be following the NSW health guidelines which mandates the use of face masks in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
- We’ve developed special safety and hygiene procedures for providing service to Members in highest-risk locations such as at COVID-19 testing sites.
- We’re observing social distancing guidelines as much as possible at all times, and we’re asking you to maintain a 2m distance if we’re helping you.
- The wearing of face masks is compulsory for both Members and service providers during transit. We are not currently transporting Members in vehicles and in tow trucks.
- Interstate auto clubs have procedures in place closely aligned with our own.
- We're supporting emergency services vehicles, delivery vehicles and critical service providers that break down.
Please be aware that, for everyone's safety, we are unable to provide immediate roadside assistance for Members who are in quarantine. In this event, we will case manage the callout to ensure the Member receives transport home and the vehicle is tended to after a safe duration has passed.
Adapting to the times
Ensuring the safety of our people, our Members and the community is our top priority. Please be aware that all of our security protocols are in place, and your information remains safe and secure at all times.
If you need to renew, pay or change your Membership details, you can use online self-service or call 13 11 22. If you take advantage of your NRMA Blue benefits, please be aware that some of our partners have also changed the way they operate, so it’s best to check with them individually for detailed information.
For any NRMA Insurance enquiries, changes or payments, please note that some branches and kiosks are temporarily closed. Check which branches are open or get help online at nrma.com.au or by calling 132 132. Please note, that customers must book an appointment before attending any branch or kiosk.
We're still open and have implemented a number of changes to how we operate, including tightly controlled protections and hygiene protocols to minimise the spread of the coronavirus. View the latest from NRMA Driver Training.
NRMA Parks and Resorts
If you or anyone travelling with you does not feel well or is waiting on COVID-19 test results, please stay home for the safety of everyone and contact us to change your booking.
If you have an existing booking impacted by changes to COVID-19 restrictions, please contact the park directly to adjust your booking. No cancellation or change fees apply.
If you are required to self-isolate as per government directive, you are unable to do so at our parks and will need to make alternative arrangements.
7 parks in Greater Sydney and 10 parks in Victoria are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. All other Parks and Resorts are open in NSW, SA, QLD and TAS are open. Refer to the NRMA Parks and Resort COVID-19 information page for latest updates.
Ferries and cruises
All non-essential services have been cancelled including the weekend Manly to Watsons Bay Ferry service, whale watching and sightseeing cruises; Vivid Sydney has been postponed to begin 17 September 2021.
Only the essential Manly Circular Quay and Palm Beach ferries continue to operate. Masks are mandatory: Check-in to the Service NSW app is mandatory for team members and encouraged for patrons; capacity limits have been further constrained while 1.5m social distancing remains.
Most Thrifty locations across Australia and New Zealand are open for business although operating hours may vary in different regions.
COVIDSafe plans are in place across every location in Australia and New Zealand. All locations are focused on the highest cleaning and safety standards to ensure the health and wellbeing of our customers and team members.
We also provide hassle-free flexible bookings for ultimate peace of mind. For further information, please refer to Thrifty.
Keeping you informed
Lockdown measures in the fight against COVID-19 have unsurprisingly raised questions around how we use our vehicles, with Members curious on everything from maintaining their car to registration and insurance.
In Cars, driving and COVID-19: your questions answered we untangle some of the confusion you may have around your vehicle during this time. We'll keep these frequently asked questions and answers as up to date as possible. Please also reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you have any questions.
Let’s keep moving forward together
We're all in this together, so let's help each other by staying patient, following the advice of authorities, getting tested and then staying home if we experience symptoms, plus looking out for each other and for those more vulnerable in the community.
Check out our safe travels page for the best way to travel safely during COVID-19.