As a Member-based organisation, our focus is always about keeping people moving and keeping our community safe. Over the past 18 months, our Members, customers and teams have shown incredible resilience during the pandemic, whether it’s supporting frontline industries or rolling up their sleeves to get vaccinated.
The rate of vaccination across NSW and ACT is now above 90 percent. Vaccination is not the only way of reducing the risk of COVID-19 in the community, but it is an important one, along with testing and COVID safe measures.
We will continue to deliver driver training services across NSW and ACT. In doing so the safety of our Members, customers and instructors is our top priority we ask that you do your bit to stop the spread of COVID-19 by completing the following questionnaire. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the below, please postpone your lesson to a later date.
Booking your lesson and leading up to your lesson:
- Do you have any flu like symptoms or at risk of COVID-19? Symptoms include fever, coughing, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath.
- Have you travelled overseas in the last 4 weeks, or been in contact with someone who has?
- Are you, or is any person you live or stay with currently, in quarantine, self-isolating, under stay-at-home orders, or waiting for COVID-19 test results?
- Have you or anyone close to you been in contact with someone displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been contacted by NSW Health in the last 14 days advising you as either a close or casual contact?
Before you learn with us:
- If you’re unwell leading up to your booking, please contact us at your earliest convenience to reschedule or cancel, as the cancellation policies in our terms and conditions apply.
- You will need to show proof that you’re vaccinated when you check in with NRMA and/or a venue for your Safer Drivers Course. Please be prepared to produce proof of vaccination (or an official and approved exemption to the receiving the COVID-19 vaccination) for sighting from one of the following:
- the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- your Medicare online account through myGov
- MyHealth Record
- Australian Immunisation Register (printed copy only)
- the Service NSW app
- a medical exemption form signed by your doctor.
- Please ensure you wear your face mask, during your time with NRMA and/or at the respective venue to respect the safety of the community, this includes social distancing measures.
- Please ensure you maintain personal hygiene – if you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or a tissue and not your hands.
- You will have hand sanitiser and face masks available to use in each vehicle.
What to expect of us:
- Our team members (our instructors, facilitators and trainers) are fully vaccinated or hold a medical exemption and are following tightly controlled hygiene protocols and social distancing measures wherever possible.
- Any team member showing symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been in direct contact with someone who tested positive is directed to follow self-isolation guidelines.
- Any team member returning from overseas is required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All vehicle touch points are thoroughly cleaned prior to each lesson ready for the next customer.
- We’re following social distancing between trainers and customers in all training rooms.
- All trainers carry their own vehicle or training room hygiene kit, which is regularly re-stocked.
- All training equipment including stationary is disposed of following the course and not reused.
- Safer Driver Courses are being offered at appropriate venues which are a COVID Safe business, with COVID Safe plans in place.
- If our team member feels that you are not well at the time of your lesson or course and may pose a risk to them or others at the lesson or course, they may cancel your lesson or attendance at the course and you may forfeit your fee in accordance with our terms and conditions.