Buying a used car?
We've got you covered
CarHistory delivers an instant, easy-to-read vehicle report, and it's just $26.50* for NRMA Members (RRP $36.95). When you've found the one, a car loan from the NRMA can help you into that new car faster.
What you get in a CarHistory report from the NRMA
Frequently asked questions
What is a CarHistory Report?
A CarHistory Report includes a PPSR Certificate and depending on the information returned, the report can provide you with:
• A PPSR Certificate - formerly REVS (which indicates if there is existing finance on the vehicle)
• If the vehicle has suffered damage resulting in a written-off status, e.g. hail, fire, accident, flood
• If the vehicle’s odometer reading is consistent with what has previously been reported, or if it has potentially been wound back (based on the reading you provide)
• If the car has previously been reported as written off or stolen
• Previous sale listings
• Vehicle safety and emission ratings
• What the car is expected to be worth in the current market
How long does it take to get a report?
When you order a vehicle report, CarHistory’s systems immediately access several national databases to compile the report. This usually takes less than 30 seconds, however it can take up to 2 minutes.
Why should I get a CarHistory Report?
Buy a used car with peace of mind
If you’re looking for car finance for your next set of wheels, you can get a competitive personal car loan from us. We can help you with finance for new or used vehicles, and also for travel, motorbikes, caravans, motorhomes and even boats. We can also assist with personal loans.
We offer a quick application process and pre-approval within 5 business hours, so you can get moving your way fast. And if you’re an NRMA Member, you can save with up to 1% off loan rates.
If you’re in the market for a used vehicle, we’ve got a long list of car reviews that might help you narrow the decision. And once you’ve got your eyes on one, it’s best to make sure that everything is above board with a CarHistory report, and that it’s in good condition with a vehicle inspection.