CTP Green Slip from NRMA Insurance*

CTP Green Slip Car Insurance

CTP Green Slip from
NRMA Insurance*

What is a CTP Green Slip?

A Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Green Slip is a must-have for NSW drivers. You need one before you can register your vehicle.

A Green Slip covers costs like medical treatment and lost income for people who need it after they’re injured in a road accident.

A Green Slip doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property - only injuries.

If you get a Green Slip for your car with NRMA Insurance, they also give you Driver Protection Cover. This is extra cover for you if you cause an accident and suffer certain serious injuries1.

What's included

For anyone driving your vehicle

✓ Your medical expenses

NRMA Insurance cover your injuries from an accident you cause (for up to 26 weeks).

✓ Other people's medical expenses

NRMA Insurance cover other people’s injuries from an accident you cause (including your passengers, other drivers and pedestrians).

✓ Lost income

NRMA Insurance cover part of your income if you need time off work to recover (for up to 26 weeks).

✓ Extra cover for your injuries

NRMA Insurance offer extra cover for certain serious injuries if you cause an accident1.

✓ Ridesharing

NRMA Insurance cover you if you drive for a ridesharing service like Uber.

Already have a quote? Retrieve your quote online at NRMA Insurance

Not included

✗ Your vehicle

Damage to your vehicle isn’t covered, see other car insurance for that.

✗ Other vehicles & property

Damage to other people’s vehicles or property isn’t covered, see other car insurance for that.

Policy booklets

For full details including limits, conditions and exclusions, read the policy document:
Driver Protection Cover (PDF 104KB)

Not a Member?

Become a Member today and you could save with NRMA Insurance*

Have a question?

CTP (which stands for Compulsory Third Party) and a Green Slip are the same thing – insurance you need before you can register your vehicle that covers injuries from an accident.

Your Green Slip stays with your vehicle so NRMA Insurance will transfer the insurance to the new owner.

The amount you pay for a Green Slip (called the premium) is different from person to person and vehicle to vehicle. The quickest way to find out how much you’ll pay is to get a quote.

How much you pay is based on things about you and your vehicle. It's partly decided by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA), and partly by NRMA Insurance. They weigh up things like how old your vehicle is, the age of the youngest driver and claims you’ve made in the past.

Driver Protection Cover is extra cover NRMA Insurance give you when you get your car’s Green Slip with them.

It’s cover for some specific injuries if you cause an accident and you’re seriously hurt1. You get this protection on top of what you get with your Green Slip.

Things you should know

  1. Driver Protection Cover pays certain amounts for specific injuries from an accident you cause, read the policy booklet for a full list. It applies if your vehicle’s a class 1 passenger vehicle, a goods vehicle that weighs 4.5 tonnes or less, or a primary producer vehicle (but not agricultural machinery). All other vehicles aren’t covered, including motorcycles, ambulances & police vehicles, taxis, buses, tow trucks, machinery and self-driven hire vehicles.

This page is for information only. For the most up-to-date details on what’s covered, check the NRMA Insurance website and the policy booklet.

* Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 (IAL), trading as NRMA Insurance which is separate and independent from National Roads and Motorists’ Association. National Roads and Motorists’ Association Limited ABN 77 000 010 506 (NRMA), is an authorised representative of IAL. Please refer to the Financial Services Guide (FSG) for further information. To see if a product is right for you, always consider the Product Disclosure Statement. A Membership with NRMA counts towards your NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount Policy Count, but does not receive the Loyalty Discount, and for a limited time, Membership will also count for your Years of Relationship. Excludes NRMA business Memberships. Policies eligible for the NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount include Motor, Home, Landlord, Boat, Caravan and Trailer. For more information about the NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount, see the Premium, Excess & Discounts Guide. National Roads and Motorists’ Association Limited ABN 77 000 010 506 handles your personal information according to its privacy policy, available at www.mynrma.com.au/privacy-policy.

** A CTP Green Slip counts towards your policy count, but you don’t receive an NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount on the cost of your CTP Green Slip.

^ Any applicable discounts may be subject to minimum premiums. Discounts only apply until a minimum premium is reached. When IAL determines your premium on renewal, IAL may also limit any increases or decreases in your premium by considering factors such as your previous year’s premium amount. You may not save more with more eligible policies and by staying with IAL longer if a minimum premium is reached, or IAL have limited increases or decreases in your premium.