Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance from NRMA Insurance
What is Comprehensive Plus?
It’s the highest level of cover from NRMA Insurance, with all the protection of Comprehensive Car Insurance, plus extras to enhance your cover.
Like Comprehensive Car Insurance, it covers your car for incidents like storms, theft and accident damage.
But Comprehensive Plus gives you extras like:
- A hire car if your car can’t be driven after any incident NRMA Insurance cover, even if you cause an accident
- No excess to pay for glass damage repairs
- Taxi fares (up to $250) to get you home if your car can’t be driven after a covered event.
Cover for your car in an accident, plus other cars and property if it’s your fault.
✓ Theft & vandalism
Cover for your car if it’s stolen, vandalised, or damaged by someone trying to steal it.
✓ Fire, storm & flood
Cover for your car if it’s damaged by severe weather1.
✓ Hire car after any covered incident
NRMA Insurance can arrange a hire car if your car is stolen, if it can’t be driven after an accident that’s not your fault, or after any incident they cover2.
✓ No excess for glass damage
There’s no excess when you claim for glass damage only (like to your windscreen or windows).
Cover for towing your car to a repairer or safe place if it can’t be driven after a covered incident (like an accident).
✓ New replacement car
If your new car’s written off within two years of its first registration, NRMA Insurance try to replace it with a similar new car3.
✓ Emergency repairs
Cover for repairs NRMA Insurance agrees you need to make to your car after a covered incident so that it’s secure and safe to drive (up to $800).
✓ Personal items
Cover for personal items4 in your car if they’re lost or damaged in a covered incident (up to $1,000).
✓ Taxi fare
NRMA Insurance cover the cost of a taxi to get you home if your car can’t be driven after a covered incident (up to $250).
✓ Baby seats
Cover for baby capsules and baby seats if they’re lost or damaged in a covered incident (up to $500).
✓ Tools of trade
Cover for your work tools if someone breaks into your car or locked toolbox5 (up to $1,500).
Cover if you occasionally drive your car for a ridesharing service like Uber6.
✓ Your extras are included
Extras and mods like spoilers, alloy wheels and tow bars are automatically covered at no extra cost.
Already have a quote? Retrieve your quote online at NRMA Insurance
You can add these when you get a quote
+ No Claim Bonus protection
Add an option so you can make one claim per year that’s your fault without reducing your No Claim Bonus7.
+ Choose any repairer
Add an option to pick any licensed repairer to fix your car, including NRMA Insurance Partner Repairers.
✗ Injuries to you or others
Injuries can be covered by your mandatory CTP Green Slip.
✗ Hire car running costs
Running costs for your hire car like petrol, tolls or a GPS aren’t covered.
Have a question?
What’s the difference between agreed value and market value?
When you get Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance from NRMA Insurance, you can choose to cover your car for agreed value or market value.
Agreed value means you choose the amount to insure your car for (from a range provided by NRMA Insurance).
Market value means NRMA Insurance will work out how much your car’s worth at the time you make a claim. To do that, they use things like local market prices, your car’s age, its condition, and any modifications or extras.
If a learner driver uses my car, do I need to list them on my policy?
You don’t need to list them on your policy unless they’re the registered owner of the car. NRMA Insurance cover anyone who drives your car, even if they’re not listed8.
Who repairs my car if it's damaged?
If your car’s damaged and NRMA Insurance decide it can be repaired, you can have it fixed by an NRMA Insurance Partner Repairer.
There are more than 400 NRMA Insurance Partner Repairers across Australia and NRMA Insurance will help find one that's convenient for you. NRMA Insurance will manage the repair process with them so you don’t have to worry.
If you've added the Any repairer option, when your car’s damaged and NRMA Insurance decide it can be repaired, you can choose any licensed repairer to fix it (including an NRMA Insurance Partner Repairer). If you choose someone other than an NRMA Insurance Partner Repairer, you might need to manage the repair process yourself.
Do I get a hire car?
With Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance, NRMA Insurance pay for a hire car if your car can’t be driven after any covered event.
If you’re in an accident caused by another driver, you need to be able to provide their name and address and NRMA Insurance need to agree it’s the other driver’s fault. NRMA Insurance will pay for a hire car until your car’s repaired or they pay your claim as a total loss.
If your car’s stolen, NRMA Insurance will pay up to $100 a day for a hire car until your car’s found and repaired, or until NRMA Insurance pay your claim as a total loss (whichever’s first).
If your car can’t be driven after any other event NRMA Insurance cover, they’ll pay up to $100 a day for a hire car until your vehicle’s repaired, or until they pay your claim as a total loss (whichever’s first).
I'm going overseas, how do I get an International Driving Permit?
Things you should know
- NRMA Insurance may not cover you for some severe weather events during an embargo period (which is usually when NRMA Insurance know a severe weather event is about to occur). NRMA Insurance will tell you if there’s an embargo when you purchase your policy.
- NRMA Insurance will pay for a hire car after an accident if they agree it was the other driver’s fault and you have their name, address and rego number.
- To get a new replacement car, your car must weigh under 2.5 tonnes and it must have been a new or demonstrator vehicle when you bought it.
- NRMA Insurance don’t cover some personal items like cash, mobile phones or accessories fitted to your vehicle.
- Your tools are covered if you’ve told NRMA Insurance you’re using your car for your business, you’re registered for GST and you’re entitled to claim an input tax credit.
- You’re covered if you’ve told NRMA Insurance you’re using your own personal car for ridesharing and pay any extra premium. Only owners listed on the policy are covered when using the car for ridesharing.
- You can add No Claim Bonus protection if NRMA Insurance offer you a 60% No Claim Bonus*. NRMA Insurance calculate your No Claim Bonus based on your claims history and how long you’ve been driving (including any other policyholders).
- Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. For vehicles insured in NSW, QLD, ACT or TAS, an additional excess applies to drivers under 25 or with less than 2 years’ driving experience. For vehicles insured in SA, WA or the NT, there are additional excesses for undisclosed drivers, including for drivers under 25 or with less than 2 years’ driving experience.
** A CTP Green Slip counts towards your NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount Policy Count, but you don't receive an NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount on the cost of your CTP Green Slip.
^ On existing eligible policies, the discount will apply from the date of your next policy renewal. Policies eligible for the NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount include Motor, Home, Landlord, Boat, Caravan and Trailer. Some policies such as CTP Green Slip Insurance count towards your Policy Count but do not receive the Loyalty Discount. Any applicable discounts may be subject to minimum premiums. Discounts only apply until a minimum premium is reached. When IAL determines your premium on renewal, IAL may also limit any increases or decreases in your premium by considering factors such as your previous year’s premium amount. You may not save more with more eligible policies and by staying with IAL longer for these reasons. For more information about the NRMA Insurance Loyalty Discount, see the Premium, Excess & Discounts Guide.