From low risk driving techniques to understanding crash risks, we’ll help you strengthen your skills on the road.
For new drivers, small businesses, large organisations and even experienced drivers, our driver training workshops are designed to help drivers of all levels of experience enhance and strengthen their skills. Our expert instructors focus on strategies to make sure you’re confident and safe behind the wheel. Instead of focusing on reactive styles of driving, we’ll arm you with proactive skills to keep you and all your passengers safe. And the best part? As a Member, you’ll save 10%.
We’ll show you how to prevent crash risks, become more aware on the road and understand the main causes of crashes in Australia. Upon completion, you’ll leave with a number of low risk defensive driving techniques, including crash avoidance space and the ability to identify common hazards in an everyday environment.
The workshop runs from 9am to approximately 2pm and includes theory components and an in-depth group discussion about correct vehicle setup and road safety, followed by 90 minutes in a vehicle with an expert instructor for on road training.
Areas of focus:
- The five main crash risks and the safety strategies to avoid them
- The human factors relating to crashes
- Observation, hazard perception and risk awareness techniques
- Accelerating and braking: understanding crash-avoidance space and reducing reaction time
- Thinking styles: staying motivated to drive in a low risk manner
- Common misunderstood road rules
- Occupant safety and vehicle maintenance (conducted around an actual vehicle)
Member price: $269.10 per person – 10% saving
Non-Member price: $299 per person